Synthetic live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrahamavelar

Aquarium Advice Addict
As I was picking up my tank yesterday I was asking the guy about some base rock I wanted to add plus some live rock and he said that he had this synthetic rock that basically works really good and cycles faster, I want to do things right but this hot me thinking please I need your help

Havnt really heard much about the synthetic stuff but I know the real thing works pretty pretty good;)

The synthetic stuff works the same as traditional lr. It won’t have any effect on speeding up the cycle, it’s just rock that needs to be colonized with bb which takes as long as it takes

Yeah, don't worry about any of that stuff. Just add the rock, sand, and salt water and provide an ammonia source. You'll get where you need to go...be it 'real' rock or synthetic.

Sounds like you may be referring to Caribsea life rock. It comes in two styles. Shapes and standard. It's infused with bacteria and may aid in the initial cycle process. The original design of the rock didn't get great reviews bit they changed their manufacturing process and many have used it with great success.

Sounds like you may be referring to Caribsea life rock. It comes in two styles. Shapes and standard. It's infused with bacteria and may aid in the initial cycle process. The original design of the rock didn't get great reviews bit they changed their manufacturing process and many have used it with great success.

Yes exactly what they said, now you think the bacteria thing is real and any good?

I know that that there are a lot of successful tanks that were built with the rock. Most still add an ammonia source or a botled bacteria. I built my reef with it. Zero complaints and I would buy again.

The initial cycle was about 5 weeks with 2 bottles of birospira.

Back
Top Bottom