t.v. and aquarium? doable?.. recomendations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elchakas

Aquarium Advice Activist
So i have a 125g aquarium in the living room but no tv.. the question is.. can i hang a tv above the aquarium?... geeksquad say its do able and the t.v. wont fall.. as for the evaporation i plan to put a glass top and a cannopy... what are your inputs and suggestions on it?.

I personally wouldn't. Even with a glass top, it would still evap a little bit, plus the moisture and humidity... No good for electronics

Mmm yeah i tought so.. but i really got no other choice... my other option would b to move the aquarium into a room... but that would be such a hazle and work plus i may loose some fish... im thinking in.worst case senerio buy the insurance for the t.v. and exchange it for a new one b4 it expires?.. hahhahaha. Has anyone ever had a t.v. above an aquarium?...

Do it.. Its not as bad as people are making it out to be. Ive done a 42 plasma above a 55 and seen numerous others. Only advice i have is make sure its a legit tv wall mount and that you dont go with some cheap tv. Despite what everyone says, the bigger name manufacturers hold up better.

That's the funniest thing I've heard. How many tv manufacturers make tv with salt water tanks in mind... Sorry bud, I wouldn't risk it. It's my opinion. There is absolutely no evidence saying big tv manufacturers of TVs hold up better against fish tank evaporation. Too funny. :cool:

Benamayer said:
That's the funniest thing I've heard. How many tv manufacturers make tv with salt water tanks in mind... Sorry bud, I wouldn't risk it. It's my opinion. There is absolutely no evidence saying big tv manufacturers of TVs hold up better against fish tank evaporation. Too funny. :cool:

Where did i say that big tv manufacturers hold up better against salt water?? I didnt... I said they hold up better in general. Learn to truly understand something before commenting. Oh and that 42 panasonic plasma over the 55.... It was 6 years old when they took it down and relocated to their gameroom.. Because they replaced it with something bigger. If the OP is that worried about salt evap... Just place a makeshift shelf below the tv to help. If you dont have experience with the subject at hand, dont be so quick to jump on someones case

[QUOTEDespite what everyone says, the bigger name manufacturers hold up better.[/QUOTE]

That's where lol... Take it easy guy. :cool:

Hahahah ok u guys take it easy... hhahaha yeah huna thats what i was thinking... have a glass top and a conopy and a self in the middle of a the aquarium of the t.v. and well if it happens to breaks... just ill justake sure to replace it b4 the warantee runs out...=))

Back
Top Bottom