T5 Lighting for 46 Bowfront

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr86mister

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey Everyone! It's been a while since I posted up some new questions. I have since gotten a 46 Bowfront off of Craigslist about 5 months ago. I moved everything from my Biocube to this and have been working slowly to get everything perfect. Right now my lighting is a Coralife 2x96W(10K, Actinic) and a separate 2x39w(10K, Actinic) fixture over my tank. I am looking at getting a new fixture of t5's to replace this lighting but am not sure if the 4x39w t5 fixtures would be ok or if I should go with the 6x39w fixtures. I do not plan on having high light corals. But I do want my low and medium light corals to do well. I know the more the light the better, but would 6 t5's be too much for my tank?

The corals I have in my tank now are a 6" Toadstool, Pulsing Xenia, Green Ricordia, Green Star Polyps, Dragons Eye Zoas, Red and Purple Mushrooms and Leather Tree Corals.

Thanks ahead of time:D

I personally dont think it would be too much. I`m not a T5 person but IMO you should be good to go.

Mel- Do you have any good articles on VHO's? I don't see them anywhere around here and know nothing of them. I guess, after looking at your pictures VHO's seem to work as well.

Depends on the fixture you choose. If I can fit it, I'd rather purchase a 6x39w ATI fixture over a Tek or a TX5 (5x39w).

Back
Top Bottom