T5, VHO, or Compact Flourescent?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mdjxt39

Aquarium Advice Regular
To be able to put corals in without having to worry about whether or not it will be sufficient which lighting should I go with?

We need to know what type corals you plan on. I have VHO and can have these corals.

img_689464_0_016712bb88bbce1e086afe25936470c3.jpg

Melosu58, what kind of bulb are you using to get that deep purple hue? I have been told thata URI Super R actinic is one of the best for that.

I guess some stony corals, some mushrooms, a nice anemone would be pretty cool too.

I have four 80 watt T5's on my mine which gives me just under 4 watts per gallon. Two daylights and two actinics. My T5's run pretty hot. I'm having to use a fan blowing across the top of the water to keep things cool during this heatwave.

I'd start off with some softies and get the tank well established and maybe try some stonies a year or so down the road. There are lots of pros and cons for every type of lighting system. Each type of light will work if you get the correct intensity.

The camera makes that dark color . It only does it on sports mode. Here it is with normal auto.

img_689557_0_2ab9258a0b81f55a85adaa85c16c7731.jpg

I use a super actinic R and a actinic white (50/50). In a few weeks I will be getting a 2nd set to go on top.

Back
Top Bottom