Tang and tank size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GatwickGuy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, I got 50 gallon tank running 1 mp10, 1 small korali powerhead for surface agitation and marisys 240, my stock at the moments are 1 regal tang, yellow tang, foxface and 2 corals, I set the tank up 6 weeks ago and the water parameters are normal, my question is my tank too small for these tangs, I would like to add 2 more clowns, that'll be it no more fishes. Yep also I got 3 hermit crabs, let me know what you think guys thanks.

GatwickGuy said:
Hello, I got 50 gallon tank running 1 mp10, 1 small korali powerhead for surface agitation and marisys 240, my stock at the moments are 1 regal tang, yellow tang, foxface and 2 corals, I set the tank up 6 weeks ago and the water parameters are normal, my question is my tank too small for these tangs, I would like to add 2 more clowns, that'll be it no more fishes. Yep also I got 3 hermit crabs, let me know what you think guys thanks.

Hi, the tank is too small for both tangs, and the foxface IMO. You would be able to get clowns and other nano fish though

Gboy66 said:
Hi, the tank is too small for both tangs, and the foxface IMO. You would be able to get clowns and other nano fish though

Man they are so cute looking fishes, it would be hard for me to let it go, could you tell me why the tank too small? Needs more room to swim or lack of hiding place? They look happy at the moment, foxface 3 inch, tangs about 2 inches, how long more before I have to trade them off? Cheers.

They really need long tanks... 6' long is generlaly what they will need medium-full grown. You dont have to get rid of them now, but in a few months they will all be too big for the tank and any longer then that and they will be cramped and have growth issues :/

Nu-Nu the eel said:
They really need long tanks... 6' long is generlaly what they will need medium-full grown. You dont have to get rid of them now, but in a few months they will all be too big for the tank and any longer then that and they will be cramped and have growth issues :/

Thanks for the advice, hope I find nice home for them in the future.

Nu-Nu the eel said:

+1

If you decide you would like a bigger tank in the future but don't have more then a 4ft space a 120gl would work nicely but it would most likely still be to small for your regal tang but should be fine for the yellow although it's still not 6' IMO

Back
Top Bottom