Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-20-2012, 02:09 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Tang and tank size

Hello, I got 50 gallon tank running 1 mp10, 1 small korali powerhead for surface agitation and marisys 240, my stock at the moments are 1 regal tang, yellow tang, foxface and 2 corals, I set the tank up 6 weeks ago and the water parameters are normal, my question is my tank too small for these tangs, I would like to add 2 more clowns, that'll be it no more fishes. Yep also I got 3 hermit crabs, let me know what you think guys thanks.

Old 09-20-2012, 02:14 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatwickGuy
Hello, I got 50 gallon tank running 1 mp10, 1 small korali powerhead for surface agitation and marisys 240, my stock at the moments are 1 regal tang, yellow tang, foxface and 2 corals, I set the tank up 6 weeks ago and the water parameters are normal, my question is my tank too small for these tangs, I would like to add 2 more clowns, that'll be it no more fishes. Yep also I got 3 hermit crabs, let me know what you think guys thanks.
Hi, the tank is too small for both tangs, and the foxface IMO. You would be able to get clowns and other nano fish though

Old 09-20-2012, 03:02 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gboy66

Hi, the tank is too small for both tangs, and the foxface IMO. You would be able to get clowns and other nano fish though
Man they are so cute looking fishes, it would be hard for me to let it go, could you tell me why the tank too small? Needs more room to swim or lack of hiding place? They look happy at the moment, foxface 3 inch, tangs about 2 inches, how long more before I have to trade them off? Cheers.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:08 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

They really need long tanks... 6' long is generlaly what they will need medium-full grown. You dont have to get rid of them now, but in a few months they will all be too big for the tank and any longer then that and they will be cramped and have growth issues :/
Old 09-20-2012, 03:12 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-Nu the eel
They really need long tanks... 6' long is generlaly what they will need medium-full grown. You dont have to get rid of them now, but in a few months they will all be too big for the tank and any longer then that and they will be cramped and have growth issues :/
Thanks for the advice, hope I find nice home for them in the future.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-Nu the eel
+1

If you decide you would like a bigger tank in the future but don't have more then a 4ft space a 120gl would work nicely but it would most likely still be to small for your regal tang but should be fine for the yellow although it's still not 6' IMO

Tags
tan, tang, tank size

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com