Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-08-2011, 11:26 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

What does a kole look like?

Old 12-08-2011, 11:32 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Kole Yellow Eye Tang

Great site to look up different fish. I take the descriptions with a grain of salt because they are a retailer after all. They do mention compatability issues, but I feel you still need to do more research after reading their description. They seem to be accurate about size and diet info, but always double check things. That's what we are here for.

I'm actually considering a Kole now. They are pretty good looking.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:42 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

sailfin tangs are larger then blue,they get to about 15"s where as blue tangs are about 12"
Old 12-09-2011, 12:55 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist

Oh holy cow! For some reason I thought they were the smallest!! I am glad I asked!!

Thanks for the info on the other tang..followed the link and found all kinds of stuff too read
Old 12-09-2011, 05:23 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah koles are small and Scopas as well though I think koles are prettier. If you have the budget, purples are gorgeous.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:14 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist

Yes they are very very cool fish...did some reading on different ones last night, budgets ok but I live in a pretty small town, so its hard to come by the cooler stuff. Actually the one fish guy from the only lfs is no longer working there so now I am going to have real problems getting stuff
Old 12-09-2011, 11:41 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

I Actually got the majority of my fish from saltwaterfish.com. For one, I don't Necessarily trust the LFS's and I have 4. SWfish keeps their fish in cupramine dosed tanks and they do a great job packing and shipping. They have deals all the time. Get on their email list to stay up to speed.

Shipping is 35 up to like 100 then it goes down. So, when you're ready, place and order large enough and get free shipping. Ppl go in together and split shipping as well.

Liveaquaria has a guarantee just like SWfish, but to me, the kicker is the cupramine. I've had issues with both but chalk up those issues to extenuating circumstances rather than operational or quality of the shopper.

Don't limit what you want by your location.

You may want to try and find a hobbyist looking to unload a purple. With the conflicts in the region, I'm told they've stopped exporting so the price has exceeded 250. Last year you could buy for under 100
Old 12-09-2011, 03:48 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
I paid 80$ for my purple tang off of Craigslist from a guy breaking down his tank. Out of 7 LFS by me- only one has a purple- they want $275 for a 3.5 inch
Old 12-09-2011, 04:42 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

like the black tangs, they are basically a yellow tang yet they are 25 times the price

Tags
tan, tang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com