Tank after one day. Pics and questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arminkropp

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well got my LR yesterday. Wasn't fun at all. The flight it arrived on was delayed be 5 hours. so that sucked! Made for a long night!
Anyhow, I'm impressed with the color and Life I've seen so far. Seen a snail and 2 bristleworms already.
I do see something that I'm not sure of what it is. Its red and VERY tiny. On the LR theres a tiny "tunnel" and this red thing sticking out of it. When I shine a light at it, it retreats into the "tunnel" I dont have a pic yet but I'll try to catch it.
Any Ideas as to what it could be?
here's some pics of the LR I got it for $4.39CDN so about $3.59US$ a Lb.
I have 65Lbs now but some pieces are BIG> Can I break these in half somehow or should I just leave them.

Thanx

and one more
I know the rock looks Blah!
I'll place it tonight. I didn't feel like placing it at 12:30AM!!!!! :wink:
one more thing. I figured I'd run my skimmer this morning when I left for work and when I got home I had just under 1/4 full skimmate.I thought it would take longer than that. Makes me wonder how much die off is on the LR. Doesn't look bad though
Ammonia is at 2.6-3.4 already after 12 hours

Your red thing in the tunnel sounds like a red feather duster. Very cool. Your rocks looks awesome. :D

that white stuff might be a sponge.........i have a white sponge that randomly grows on my rocks and its kind of stringy

IMO, that white stuff is die off. Make sure you have adequate water flow to keep the rocks from getting "dead spots." It might be worth occassionally siphoning or brushing off any spots on the rock that look dead.

Back
Top Bottom