Tank and Setup ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4251C

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm waiting for my Fenner & Paletta books in the mail. I've been browsing the web for tanks and it seems overwhelming. Acrylic vs glass is #1?
I plan on having the tank against a wall which is probably about 20 ft from the kitchen tap. Mind you, I haven't read the books yet, is the built in filtration system say such as the SeaClear II or the Eclipse better for what I have in mind? I would like to have a fish only set up and 40-55 gallon tank. Thanks....Mike.

kitchen tap caught my eye....gotta ask if you plan on using tap water for your tank and if you do, warn you that that is usually not the best plan.

No worries there. When I was perusing the various tank "systems" that incorporate the filter system in the hood they make the claim of no "outside plumbing". The dummy that I am made an assumption that I would need to hook up the filter to some water source...help.......

to be honest, I cannot be much help as I have never had a system like the one you are referring to. I just know that tap water is not a good source for the water that will be used to mix salt etc.

Back
Top Bottom