The other fir I was waiting for finally showed up... It was wire brushed but the texture is not heavy enough so I will have to wire brush it some more.
I put the 2x6 top pieces together with 5 biscuits between each, glued and clamped it for 24 hours. I have to texture it and shape the edges still.
Then I cut and put the end panels together glued, biscuited and clamped... I will still need to cut to fit.
Next I was anxious to start on the doors.. I also wanted to have the doors built before starting the front panels on each side of the doors. I have never built any type of cabinet door before but wanted to copy the doors on our entertainment center so I figured I would give it a try. I don't have a shaper or any tools beyond a table saw, chop saw etc... so....
First I cut out the door frame.. then cut a notch or dado into one side of each of the four pieces. Then I put together the panels that will go into the frame. Here are all the pieces.
Here is the notch into the frame.