Tank build - newbie again... need thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I figured I would take a few minutes and bump this thread and get caught up... We moved back in January and I had to move my tank... we moved about 2.5 hours South. Middle of winter. Im not going to go into what happened with the tank move - but will say it didn't go well. By the time I got it tore down, moved and set back up I lost half of my SPS (of course all of the large colonies :( ) and half of my fish. I was so ticked off that I nearly just offered everything up to anyone who wanted to come and get the rest of it. Im still a bit sick over losing so much... but 4 months later things are starting to look good again. I have no flat worms still (one benefit to the move, I somehow managed to kill off the flat worms) and only two Aiptasia nems found. The tank still doesn't look as good (in my opinion) as it did before but I think its on its way. My SPS are all showing growth again, my zoas are doing ok.. not quite as good as before but ok. LPS seem to be doing great. Purple clove polyp went crazy and now I regret putting it in. All water parameters have been great almost from the beginning. I switched salt brands from Oceanic to Ocean pure as my alk was just to difficult to maintain. I also replaced all of my T5 bulbs with new lights ordered through ReefGeek.

Anyway... here is the tank now. some of my star polyp was not out when I took these shots...

img_1356014_0_d8c20ac2eb8c5643660f003be773e13e.jpg

img_1356014_1_27e26a0422fe3a6ef2f6555727d8996c.jpg

img_1356014_2_bf901d53bd149be415a4e06bac935aa5.jpg

img_1356014_3_971ec5690cf15acd0958e69ee3cf7e9a.jpg

^Thanks guys.
Question... I bought a working chiller for $25... Its an older one and it has a metal coil that the guy I bought it from said he would stick into the sump... said it worked great... I have never needed a chiller and am still not sure I even need one now (after my move to a warmer area) but for $25.... My concern is something made of metal in my sump? There are no signs of rust or corrosion on this metal coil.. Any thoughts about this?

Thats the same kind my lfs has and its fine. I think its aluminum which does not oxidize as fast or at all in saltwater.

Back
Top Bottom