Originally Posted by mdaniel2882
Sorry if I missed it but was your rock already cycled. If so you may not see much more amonia. if the shrimp starts to look "fuzzy" take it out. That is bacteria and not the kind that you want.
Thanks for the comment.
Yes the rock was from an established reef tank. I kept it submerged in at temp saltwater to hopefully limit any die off. It appears that the 150lbs of live rock has done its job well and the tank is cycled.
I took the shrimp out this morning... It was getting really smelly and I think starting to grow the kind of bacteria I don't want... I could see what I thought was part of the shrimp through the sock - but it was just getting "fuzzy" as mdaniel mentioned.