tank cleaning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sansouci01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm cleaning my fresh water tank to get ready for my salt water set up. Should I use anything to clean the inside of the tank or is just using water enough. It does have some algea on the glass. I don't want to bring that into my salt tank.

Wouldn't use any cleaning stuff, if you can steam clean it then doit if not just hot water.

50/50 vinegar and water soak and then some hand strength for the algae good rinse let dry and you good to go.

x2 on vinegar and water, and use a brand new sponge with the green scrubber pad on the back for the algae after your done just toss the sponge and rinse the tank with warm, not hot, freshwater thoroughly and your reef ready (y)

Glass aquarium? Razor blade or other sharp object. Paint scrapers work well. Keep the sharp edge flat against the glass so you don't cut the glass. You just want to scrape off the hard stuff. should come off in sheets.

tried the razor blade with no luck. You can't even feel the build up on the glass. I'll try some vinegar and see if that does it. White or cider vinegar ? I did buy the tank used so maybe a new tank is in order...lol

If all else fails fill the tank to the tip top and let all the deposits soak for a day or two then try the razor blade again

Back
Top Bottom