Tank Cycle Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aaronofamos

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone, I need help with something. I have a 10 gallon reef tank with 2 clown fish, a rose tip anemone, zeenya, a goby, peppermint shrimp, and a couple other corals that are no big deal. The tank has been set up for about 2 weeks and things are great....

But, I just bought a 29 gallon to upgrade. I bought new sand that came in a bag (more coarse) and some saltwater, both from a well know reef store in town. I also bought some live rock from them. I just set up the tank and some live rock about 2 days ago and it has been cycling ever since. I put a little bit of my sand from my 10g in my new tank to help speed up the cycling profess along with adding Stability and Prime in every day while it's been cycling. There's also been a filter going for a couple days.

My big question is, can I put my clownfish in, the rest of my love rock that's in my 10 gallon, and my shrimp, and anemone?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Hey everyone, I need help with something. I have a 10 gallon reef tank with 2 clown fish, a rose tip anemone, zeenya, a goby, peppermint shrimp, and a couple other corals that are no big deal. The tank has been set up for about 2 weeks and things are great....

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

You have all if that in a 2 week old tank? Best advice you can get is slow down and research. Anemone shouldn't be in you system yet, it is far to unstable (doubtful if it's even cycled) since they require pristine water and high lighting. The lighting on a bio cube will not support one either so your best bet there is return it. As for moving the live stock to the bio cube, I would say no. Cycle the tank properly and start the new tank off right. What salt are you using and are you using ro/di water? How did you cycle the 10? And what lighting are you using/planning in using?

I have to agree with bigred.....That tank should not have that much going on in just two weeks. The anemone is a BAD idea too in a tank so young. It will be nothing but trouble, I say this from experience.

Is the new 29g a biocube? or a regular tank? What lighting does it have? That anemone is gonna need more than a simple bulb or two.

How did you cycle the 10g? How much rock is in there? If it is truly 100% cycled it can def help to cycle the newer tank.

Back
Top Bottom