tank dimensions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

courtanee

Aquarium Advice Freak
20"longx10.5"deepx23"high
I want to do clownfish(Fowlr). But concerned about the dimensions. Is there not enough ground area for a clown? Especially if I'm trying to do live rock as my filter, will I have enough room in the tank to do this with so little surface area?

Here's a picture of the one I'm considering
ForumRunner_20130212_100152.jpg

Clowns would be fine in that tank i've seen them in a lot smaller.

I would however re think the dimensions as if you ever wanted to change or upgrade thats a very difficult tank. The height would make it very difficult to aquascape and the depth (front to back) would make it even harder.

Have you seen the 2 foot cube tanks? They're a great tank to get started with and come with a sump.

That's the what I thought, it would be hard to cram enough live rock in there to get a good filtration going. I was looking at a 30 gallon edge cube but the person wants a lot for it for it being used(I personally like going used because all the stuff has been cycled better) she wants $500 for the tank, some coral on live rock, sand,a goby, and 2 clownfish. Although I don't think that it has a skimmer or sump though. And the moon lights aren't working either. But that style is a bit more of what Id like

It would be fine for clowns but I would pass on it. It is just going to be a pain to work in and aquascape. Have you tried talking the person with the cube down at all? If they aren't budging just wait. I managed to find a 24 gallon aquapod with a percula clown pair and a starfish for 100.00. Keep looking and try expanding your search to nearby cities on cl.

Yeah I wouldn't want it to be too crowded. I'll probably want to upgrade anyways once I get more experience and want to try a bubble tip anemone. Yeah I tried she is holding firm. I'm trying to get her down to $350 and none of the coral. I don't think I'm experienced enough for coral. Plus if I decide to do anemone later and move to bigger the coral will probably get damaged

Back
Top Bottom