tank finished cycle whoo-hoo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mhaynes01

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok my tank has cycled i am pretty sure here are the params

Ammonia-o
nitrite-0
nitrate 2.5-5 p.p.m

here are my questions on friday i will be getting 10 lbs. of cured tonga rock
when i put it in will this cause a mini cycle,(3 inches of sand, CPRbakpakskimmer, whisper 30, 1- 80gph PH and a 100watt heater

if it does go through a mini cycle what do i add after that fish or clean up crew or at the same time. thank you all i am so glad its done i think.........

I would wait to add fish. Add the rock and wait a few days or even better a week. Then re-test the water. Just to be safe... then add one fish a week. Good luck! 0X

2 weeks? All the better, sounds to me like you are being patient and on your way to a sucessful tank.

Congrats.. when's the tank-warming party? :mrgreen:

huh? tank warming, well six line when my tank took 8 o r9 weeks to cycle i think i can wait a few more weeks besides i want to savor these moments of relaxing by my tank not worrying wether the params are ok or the SG is right. :lol:

well about the adding a 1 fish a week i watn two clowns so would'nt it be better to add them baoth at the same time and keep close tabs on the tank or not?

Thats a pretty small tank, but you could do it. Are you planing to add two false perculas? If you get two small juveniles I think you would be ok. Just check the water a day or so after there added, just to make sure theres no ammonia poping up (just to be safe). Good luck with them

Back
Top Bottom