My tank just cycled. And i need some help on what fish to get.
I have a 90 gallon tank with 100 pounds of live rock. I will eventually make it a reef tank, but the reefs are kind of expensive and i want to recover financially from the intial expenses of the tank setup. Therefore, i want to start gearing my livestock towards a reef tank eventhough it will be a FOWLR
for a few months.
Here's what I am thinking of adding i just don't know when to add them.
1) Flame Angel
2) Coral Beauty Angerl or a Potter's Angel
3) A Red or Blue Manderine (can i put two of them?)
4) A Royal Gamma Basslet (or two)
5) A Firefish (or Two)
6) Horned Blenny or an Ember Blenny
7) Orange Stripe Prawn Goby
8) A few clown fish ( i was told i can get a mix of them without them having a problem. But no more than 3)
9) Splendid or Bicolor Pseudochromi
10) and my Wife typically wants a Yellow and Blue Tank (Dori).
Obviously i won't put all of this fish in the tank, and i will only add three at a time in two week intervals. The goal would be to get as many as possible.
I went to the LFS
and i was told the following.
Don't get Mandarines now.
Clowns i get get the mixed, but not until i get anenomes.
The tangs will get too big for the tank.
When should i get a cleaning crew? and what should i get?
Do i definately need corals in there before i add any of the above fish?
and in what order should i get the above fish?