tank raised seahorses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What exactly is it you would like to know?

A good site to visit is seahorse.org and syngnathid.org, both are designed specifically around seahorses and other syngnathids.

hth

i want to know eveything there is to know . i'm thinking of getting one.thank you

My wife wants a seahorse tank too lol. I finally have a stable 55 gallon that seems to be doing GREAT! So we purchased two 20 gallon tanks, and i set both up to cycle. She just saw 200 baby seahorses at our petstore and now she wants a tank.

What i have learned so far is that they cannot have a fast current in the tank. They are horrible swimmers, and from what i have seen they just float around and bump into things. They also need a lot of "perches" to wrap their tails around. Also another downside is that not too many fish are compatable with seahorses. Fish will eat ALL food before the seahorse gets a chance to eat, so it cant compete and will starve. I think they eat some kind of small live shrimp. Oh, and put a sponge over your filter intake, they will be sucked up if you dont sponge proof the tank. Um, i hope this helps. I have been studying up so I can provide healthy seahorses for my wife, so I am just a beginner also. Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom