Tank size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POLARBEAR0871

Aquarium Advice Addict
I want to start a salt water aquarium soon and I was wondering what's the best tank size to start off with iv done research but there's nothing solid to go by so any help will be appreciated.

I want to start a salt water aquarium soon and I was wondering what's the best tank size to start off with iv done research but there's nothing solid to go by so any help will be appreciated.

The bigger the better, bigger tanks make it easier to catch any problems that may occur, gives ya time to fix it rather than crashing a smaller tank.

Ok so would like a 20 gallon long be ok or should it be about a 30 gallon

Ok so would like a 20 gallon long be ok or should it be about a 30 gallon

I'm thinking the biggest tank you can afford. Let's just put it this way, i started with a 16g bow front, then went to a 29g tank, now I'm onto a 90g tank lol IMO buy the biggest you can afford. And do your research!!

I'd start off with the largest setup that space and budget would allow,..the larger the water volume usually the more stable your tank may be.... If space etc is limited I'd prob shoot for something in the 55-75 gal range,...but if not a 125 gal setup can keep you happy for years with various fish and coral that may not be too suitable in a smaller setup....watch it,...it's addicting !!! Good luck.

They are right it is very addicting and bigger is better. Your paramenters will stay more constant in a larger body of water. And you spend money like crazy and not give a care in tge world. I filled my 55 g up in prolly 8 months and then I bought a 140 lol im about to put it up here soon when I get my otger light and return pump. Even though bigger is better this doesnt mean you can have a nano tank. I also have a 12g bio cube its smaller and I have to keep my eye on it more thats about all. Either way you go you will have fun on this hobby. And if you start out small you will find yourself upgrading pretty quick. If you dont wont to buy a brand new tank take a look on craigslist thats where I got my 12g 55g setup(100 bucks) and 140 tank. Idk where you are from but most states will have a community forum for that state somebody has made. Mine is called kyreef kentucky. If you have any questions ask its the best way to get answeres from people that has been in the hobby for awhile. Amd to warn of the people that will be harsh but it comes with learning. Happy fish keeping

Back
Top Bottom