Tank size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

N.Galvin

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys i currently have a 23 gallon tropical tank set up but i am looks to convert to marine so i just have a couple questions i would like to ask
1) is my tank size ok
2) can i my tank be converted to a marine tank

This is my tank at the moment

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397151002.043057.jpg

Much appreacated

Yeah it would be fine. If you've ever used a copper based medication in it you may not be able to keep inverts though

As far as i remember i have not used any medication in this tank i did in my old one but not this.

Is marine much more difficult to keep and does it cost much more on electric bills

No it's not really harder, it's just different. And with LEDs reef lighting isn't very hard on the electric bill anymore

Just remember also with a sw setup you can't have nearly as many fish as fresh. For a tank that size I'd do 4 small fish.

I was looking at the clown fish the same as nemo as my girlfriend loves them i seen minimum tank size was 20 gallon so hopefully a couple of them would be fine

A pair of ocellaris (nemo) clowns would be great in that tank. Just a pair though, they will murder any other ones

Could i add any inverts i read there great for cleaning

Yes you can just remember they need a food source. Hermits, snails and cras aren't required but can be cool. Shrimp are very cool as well but don't help with cleaning. They're just cool to have

Think il get some hermits in there

thank you for your replies you have really helped.

Back
Top Bottom