Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-06-2012, 01:20 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Well there is no update to my knowledge "it looks good" coming from my mom I will give a full update as soon as I get home tomorrow, I can't wait! Could be getting more rock for it. I will be posting pics of it tomorrow as well.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:18 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

So I am going to be getting fish this weekend, think about get a clown and a damsel.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-532431847.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	131563

Old 11-13-2012, 11:41 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

I'd skip the damsel, they get super mean and attack you other fish. I had to remove mine and so has many a reefer...
Old 11-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

What do you think then, my back up was some sort if wrasse?
Old 11-13-2012, 12:59 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to h8z2luze Send a message via MSN to h8z2luze Send a message via Yahoo to h8z2luze
DO NOT get a damsel you will regret it. Then good luck catching them. I had to drain my tank to get mine out. A mated pair of clowns is always cool to watch. Also I like cardinals too! Always out where you can see them.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

See I'm under the impression from my friend that I can't get two clown fish in the same tank?
Old 11-13-2012, 02:03 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to h8z2luze Send a message via MSN to h8z2luze Send a message via Yahoo to h8z2luze
They will fight a little until one establishes dominance and becomes the male. The other will then become the female. Weird right? They can be either/or. If you get a already mated pair its better. You dont want more than two though.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:12 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

Oh ok i have acually heard of this, so could I get 2 of them and say a 6 line wresse and an anemmey? or is that to much at once?

An I know it is spelled wrong hahaa
Old 11-13-2012, 02:21 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8z2luze
They will fight a little until one establishes dominance and becomes the male. The other will then become the female. Weird right? They can be either/or. If you get a already mated pair its better. You dont want more than two though.
Got it backwards there clowns are born male and the dominant (usually largest) changes to a female. When purchasing them the best way to do it is get the largest and smallest clowns in the tank but I would hold off on the other fish til your tank stabilizes. I also wouldn't add the Nem unless your tank has been running 4+ months.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe10
Oh ok i have acually heard of this, so could I get 2 of them and say a 6 line wresse and an anemmey? or is that to much at once?

An I know it is spelled wrong hahaa
I don't think I'd add all that at once. (What size tank?). I'd go with the clown pair first, unless you're planning on one of the more aggressive species. Wait a week or two before adding another fish.

If this is a newly established tank, you should probably wait six months to a year on an anemone. The clowns don't need it, and if they're captive bred are quite likely to ignore it. I've had a pair of captive bred occelaris in my 75 for a couple weeks and neither of them has ever looked at my long tentacle. (Just as well - the anemone has settled at the back of the tank.)

I have never experienced it, but some folks have had the sixline become aggressive with age.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com