tank upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tlro

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ive decided to move my standard 20 gallon open top reef into a 29 gallon biocube. I'm hoping to use most of the original water and substrate. Any advice otherwise?

Should be a pretty easy as a swap goes two things pop out at me tho. Make sure while the transfer your fish and corals are in a bucket with a heater so the temp doesn't change to drastically. I've made that mistake before and lost some fish because I didn't see it taking so long. Always give yourself plenty of time so you don't rush and if any thing pops up you can deal with that. And second thing is try to not disrupt sand to much. I siphoned all the water out then gently scooped up the sand the put it right into the new tank then put a Tupperware dish down and poured the water into that. Also plan on haveing at least 50% new water made up in advance. Also afterward check water chem often cause you will go thru a micro cycle.

I just thought of something. Today is my weekly water change day. I plan on transferring everything over Saturday though. Should I skip the water change since I will be increasing my water volume by 10 gallons in two days?

I would do your water Chang first just to insure.your fish and corals are doing good before you make the move. Good luck

I would do your water Chang first just to insure.your fish and corals are doing good before you make the move. Good luck

Maybe i'll comprise and do it right before? I just hate to have my hands in there more than I need to. Delaying a water change by a few days wony be too dangerous will it?

Do you think super glue is strong enough to hold a hose onto a custom fixture for my return pump? It does about 240 gallons per hour

Remora skimmer mod success. Its crude and slightly rushed but that's my style ;)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130215_212538.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130215_212538.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 51
Back
Top Bottom