Tap Water question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beengirl said:
The portable one, which it sounds like that's the one you're leaning towards, is just hooked up to faucet, used, and then removed. There's an adapter that you can use to connect.

I use the portable as well. I literally hook it up to a water hose outside.

The thing is that my faucet isn't the one that you can unscrew so I don't know how to connect it

Fishfreak1 said:
The thing is that my faucet isn't the one that you can unscrew so I don't know how to connect it

None of mine do. That's why I have to use it on the hose outside.

I'm trying to use the website on my laptop now and it's not working. I may like the products but I hate their website takes like 5 min to load

One last question once I have the 100 gallons of water I just mix the salt and wait 2 days then put it in my tank and do I need to add any additives?

Fishfreak1 said:
One last question once I have the 100 gallons of water I just mix the salt and wait 2 days then put it in my tank and do I need to add any additives?

Once your water is made, add salt...mix it around and I usually put two powerheads in to keep it circulating. I don't add anything but my friend adds some of the Kordons stuff for the slime coat (i can't remember what all it has in it). You should be good to go. If you are unsure of it, add a little water dechlorinator.

Additives are not needed cuz the salt mix will have trace minerals in it. For the initial setting up the tank, you don't really need to wait the 2 days after mixing- you won't have any fish in there for it to harm. You can mix and then put it right in. Or you can mix it in the tank too. But when you have fish in there, for water changes, you will want to mix it in trash can or bucket, put in a heater and a powerhead to mix it up and let sit for at least 24 hours.

Beengirl said:
Additives are not needed cuz the salt mix will have trace minerals in it. For the initial setting up the tank, you don't really need to wait the 2 days after mixing- you won't have any fish in there for it to harm. You can mix and then put it right in. Or you can mix it in the tank too. But when you have fish in there, for water changes, you will want to mix it in trash can or bucket, put in a heater and a powerhead to mix it up and let sit for at least 24 hours.

Whoops! I forgot about it being a new tank. +1 on above comment and I only use a heater in the winter because I live in Texas. Grrrr...I always forget to add that in my comments unless its cold. :(

I use regular 2 stage filter water instead of R O water and been working fine first me past year

Guys and gals I'm thinking of bulkreefsupply.com or spectapure brand rodi units. I would go with the pure water if there was a guarantee that it will work and that ill get it from them unlike other people who got their cash stolen

Fishfreak1 said:
Guys and gals I'm thinking of bulkreefsupply.com or spectapure brand rodi units. I would go with the pure water if there was a guarantee that it will work and that ill get it from them unlike other people who got their cash stolen

Those are good from what I hear as well! I bought mine on the cheap because I couldn't find any good deals at the time. I'm happy with it but I used my credit card "just incase" so I knew if there were an issue it would be handled. I do this with all Internet buys.

Back
Top Bottom