TDS meter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jjh302

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anyone had any experience with the HM TDS-3 Meter? I just ordered one from eBay for 18.00.

I just ordered one for 12$. They're cheap and accurate, TDS meter is a conductivity test like.

Why you would use it ? To mesure tap ? Do you owned a RODI unit ?

My tap is 100ppm TDS and my RODI produce <1ppm TDS.

I don't have an rodi yet. I want to test the distilled water that I use and the local grocery store water machine.

I don't have an rodi yet. I want to test the distilled water that I use and the local grocery store water machine.

Ahhhh it should be <1ppm. Make sure you rinse and rerinse the container you'll use to do the test with the distilled water in question.

If it's not <1ppm, then it's scam water, or maybe they remineralize the water before they sell it to be drinkable.

I found a cheap used 80$ RODI nasty/dirty unit, but it still produce <1ppm TDS water :)

Ahhhh it should be <1ppm. Make sure you rinse and rerinse the container you'll use to do the test with the distilled water in question.

If it's not <1ppm, then it's scam water, or maybe they remineralize the water before they sell it to be drinkable.

I found a cheap used 80$ RODI nasty/dirty unit, but it still produce <1ppm TDS water :)

Nice! I have my eye on a 5 stage unit that comes with a booster pump and an inline TDS. BRS sells it for around 200. I'm waiting until later this month for the group buy so I can save a little dough.

You'll need booster pump only if your tap pressure is not enough. 3-4 stage is enough.

Mecanical + carbon + RO unit. You can add the fourth stage DI part...

Or get as you said a kind of Mech+chem+chem+ro+di

In my case it's a kind of old RODI unit 6 stages
Mech+chem+mech+ro+antitaste+di.

I plan to remove the antitase thing, I don't want to pay for this, so I'll get 5 stages:
mech+chem+chem+ro+di.

The chem part is important, as free chlorine kills the thin ro membrane.

Back
Top Bottom