Temporary Solution

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I finally decided on what the other pair of dwarf Eels will be and that is the dwarf Eel called, Orange Moray (Monopenchelys acuta) and they will be in my 240 reef tank. But of course the 240 not setup as yet and the 180 not fully setup, but is running and as well on the 180, im replacing the canopy on it with a new one. I also licked the water problem here were i moved too and I now run two DI`s and i see that i need to change the cartridges more often and i spoke to Jeff that that maybe i can have the option to buy a commercial RO/DI unit and one that be of more money. For just on one the DI cartridges it has already turned a rusty red brown color at the bottom and so far im looking at that i may have to change one every other week and it not made even hundreds of gals as yet. Those would be the breaks for i moved somewhere where the water is well water and has so much worst junk in it for you need to know who ever reads this, that the first cartridge just after two days has a brown film all over the cartridge and i never had that before. But i am how ever making 100% cleared water for the tanks now :)
Buddy ><{{{{">

You don't drink and cook with it do you? Gross! I thought well water was supposed to be great. Good luck, that's gonna get expensive I'm afraid.

Is it a two-bed or mixed bed DI filter? Electrikat is right though, that will get very expensive. It sounds like your unit is not set up correctly. A DI unit removes ions from water via ion exchange. This happens when positively and negatively charged ions (cations and anions respectively) are exchanged for hydrogen. Your "filter" should be regulated with concentrated acid and caustic. This strips away accumulated ions through displacement. So unless you have it set up wrong and it sounds like you do, then you have a faulty unit. What brand is it by the way?

Back
Top Bottom