Test Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mjs1981

Aquarium Advice Newbie
when i purchased my marine aquarium it came with a small API saltwater master test kit im almost out of it now and i was wondering if there is any advice on wether i should buy API saltwater master test kit again or revert to salifert test kits
salifert has so many test kits phosphate,nitrite,nitrate,calcium,kh/alkalinity,ph,magnesium,ammonia,organics,oxygen,iodene
are every one of those tests essential to buy??? only reason i ask it API test kit only tests ph,ammonia,nitrite,nitrate
any advice/help would be greatly appreciated

get the api saltwater test kit its very accurate then you can add individual tests as you go along for calcium and phosphates etc

I'd vote for the API saltwater master kit, exactly what you'll need and it's not too pricey either. :)

Over the years I've tried over and over to use the Api tests. The calcium seems accurate, the kh is great, the ph seems good, but that's about it. Phosphate and nitrate never have a color even close to anything on the chart, and gh seems to fluctuate to much. Ammonia and nitrite seem pretty good, but I have a hard time comparing colors. I've had good results with salifert, but I think they're way overpriced.

Back
Top Bottom