test kits ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobothefish

Aquarium Advice Regular
What the best most reliable test kits available? I cant stand testing and getting different results from the LFS. Am I wrong or are they? Im useing api salt water master test kit. looks legit bit if you look at the test tube at different angles the color changes. how do you use these kits accuaratly?

thats what I use too.
I put the test tube on the white space of the result card to read them.
sometimes the color might be little off, you can post your result and ask if you want, or just pick the cloest color, at least thats what I have been doing so far, and my fishes r happy ^^

I wondered the same thing... after browsing their website and reading the instructions a thousand times i finally found an answer... i copied this from the "more info" section on the Drs Foster and Smith website under the API Master SW Test Kit...

"Determine the pH reading by matching the color of the solution against those on the High Range pH Color Chart. The tube should be viewed against the white area beside the color chart. Color comparisons are best made in a well-lit area. The closest match indicates the pH of the water sample. Rinse the test tube with clean water after each use."

Aquarium Water Testing: Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Saltwater Master Liquid Test Kit

Back
Top Bottom