Test Kits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like the Salifert kits also. I have used Seachem with good results. I will even risk being publicly flogged by saying that the Red Sea Calcium Pro kit works well, is accurate, and is easy to use...I don't like their other kits though.

I'm also partial to the Salifert test. Much easier to read and results are more acurate, IMO.

[OT]I did a google on that quote.. there are as many references that credit that comment to Dean Martin as there are that credit it to Frank Sinatra. I even found one that credits W.C. Fields! We'll need to find an audio clip to know with any certainty who actually said it. Or perhaps its a case of who said it first :) [/OT]

More on Test Kits

I am a beginner and I made the mistake of first, not owning a phosphate teskit and second, of purchasing a phosphate testkit that stated on the box it was recommended for saltwater, but it turned out it was not sensitive enough. Based on a recommendation from this site I purchased the Salifert Phosphate test kit and I am very happy with it. (It showed me the primary source of my algae problem).

Back
Top Bottom