Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-27-2009, 04:26 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamHorton View Post
The filter I run now is a wet-dry trickle filter, connected to a small refugium (10G tank). Here's a picture of the most recent setup:...
Think he meant what kind of water filter is in the house that you've been using...

Quote:
So I need to test for TDS. I did a quick search and most things that measure TDS are electronic. Can I buy one of those without ordering one online? Any recommendations on what kind is best?
Yup... they're electronic. I have a cheapo Hanna Instruments and it works just fine. And yeah... you can buy ANYTHING without ordering online! It just depends on how far you want to drive to get it! Any store that deals with water quality issues or testing should sell them.

Old 08-27-2009, 04:39 PM   #12
Thanx but no.....

"And yeah... you can buy ANYTHING without ordering online!"

Wow, you must be OLD ....

I got mine for about $20 shipped off ebay. Honestly I've never seen them in a brick-n-mortar lfs. Wouldn't know where to shop for one..

Old 08-27-2009, 05:27 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I see about the filter: it's a Filtrete system that goes on the pipes leading up to the kitchen sink. If you need more details on it I can get them.

Do you think I could find a TDS tester at my hardware store?
Old 08-28-2009, 02:30 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAhab View Post
"And yeah... you can buy ANYTHING without ordering online!"

Wow, you must be OLD ....
If I remember right, I think you've got a couple years on me! At least I can still remember back in the day when stores actually sold stuff and just didn't display it so you could order it online!

But honestly... I got mine online too. Stuff like that will easily cost you 2x the online price if you buy it in a store. But places that sell water filter systems should be able to sell you one. Not sure if swimming pool supply places would stock them. Shoot... I even saw one at my local homebrew supply store the other day! That surprised me!

Tags
sting, tap water, testing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com