Testing water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deniscooper

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi

I'm new to fish keeping and just setup my first marine tank. Currently I've only introduced live rock and 3 hermits.

I've got a liquid test kit from red sea but don't fully understand how to interpret the results. The ph and alkalinity tests are fine. But the nh3 nh4 and no2 and no3 I don't really understand.

I want to make sure I fully understand before introducing fish.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Have you introduced an ammonia source to the tank to cycle it yet?
When did you first put everything in it?

What is your question about each of those tests? I have used a couple red sea kits and might be able to help. :)

Thanks. Apart from the pre made or salt water about 7kg of live rock and the 3hermits that's it. No additional food or anything yet

Well one one of those tests it says you need to cross check the ph and temperature against the table to get the ammonia reading so I don't understand what the separate ammonia test does. Excuse my ignorance.

Thanks

What color on the chart did the ammonia come in at? I think the ammonia as well as all the tests need a standard enviroment for testing. So the ph and and temp can influence the result. I think thats it. ;-) I could be wrong. lol

Back
Top Bottom