Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-08-2013, 01:24 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I put it into a small disposable cup and add tank water.

The way I feed my fish varies day to day. I try to not give them the same thing every day, as I mix up three different foods for them.

I give them Mysis shrimp one day mixed with some pellets and some krill. I thaw it out with old tank water and I add some Garlic Guard sometimes.

I also do plankton mixed with some pellets and some krill. I thaw it out with old tank water and I add some Garlic Guard sometimes.

I also do Brine Shrimp mixed with some pellets and some krill. I thaw it out with old tank water and I add some Garlic Guard sometimes.

So besides the Pellets and Krill I change the meaty food up every day. Give them something different. As for the Garlic Guard, I don't know if it really helps with their health, but I have not had any problems using it and I figure it can't hurt. If it helps, it helps, if it does nothing it just adds to the flavor of the food. :-p

Old 06-08-2013, 01:35 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebbid View Post

I figured I still can't get the undead vampire fish out of my head
Well... Then ... Happy thought for ya... Nite! Nite!

Old 06-08-2013, 01:47 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by baron1282 View Post
So besides the Pellets and Krill I change the meaty food up every day. Give them something different. As for the Garlic Guard, I don't know if it really helps with their health, but I have not had any problems using it and I figure it can't hurt. If it helps, it helps, if it does nothing it just adds to the flavor of the food. :-p
Good advice on switching up the food. Also a good way of looking at using garlic. Just beware of the garlic breath
Old 06-08-2013, 08:35 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice Freak

Couple of questions for Baron:1) where do you buy your plankton and krill, 2) where do you buy your Garlic Guard? 3) what kind of pellets do you use? 4) do you let the pellets soak up and get all mushy before feeding?
Old 06-08-2013, 12:23 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice FINatic

1. Jacks Pets, or Pet Smart!

2. Jack Pets.

3. New Life Spectrum Marine Fish Formula. Not that I am aware of, they only soak for
about 30 minutes before I put them in.

I am sure you can find Garlic Guard more than just Jack Pets. I also don't know if Jack Pets is a national pet store. I live in the Cincinnati Region so that might just be a Ohio chain. The only Jack Pets I know outside of Ohio is in Richmond Indiana right next to the Ohio Boarder..

Tags
rim, shrimp

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com