The 110 came in!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lmw80

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am so excited!! It will be empty for another couple of months or so as Daniel finishes up the living room, but it is in place :)

Now in the last picture, you see that it's above daniel's head...I go up to approximately his shoulders. and I will be the one doing the tank maintenance :lol:

1101.jpg

1102.jpg

1103.jpg

1104.jpg

How nice! So it's 4' x ? x ? Looks 30"inches high. What are your plans for aquascape....viewed from both sides. Overflow/sump....tell us all about it.

Dave

I don't know much about it yet except it's going to be a FOWLR viewed from both sides.

Looks great Lori :D That’s going to look so nice in the foyer greeting you each day.

I assume it’s a standard 110 high size of 48 7/8 x 19 x 30 ¾. Should provide enough width for some good sump choices.

Is that built in overflow 600 gph?

lmw80 said:
I will be the one doing the tank maintenance
Make sure you use a quality step ladder.

I was goign to say it looks beatutiful but it will be hard to access for maintance and setup. Get a good step ladder and prepare yourself for a lot of bending and arching to get stuf in and out of the tank.

tecwzrd said:
Make sure you use a quality step ladder.

Heck, I just figured she'd strap on a harness and suspend herself from the ceiling! ;)

Looks like a great projet is ahead of you! Keep us updated with pics!

:mrgreen:

BillyZ said:
Heck, I just figured she'd strap on a harness and suspend herself from the ceiling! ;)

:lol: I was going to suggest the 4ft high scaffold but thought it might be over kill :p

lol you guys are too funny. Will definifly have to get something better than we have now. I do have a snorkle, so I was thinking of doing maintenance from inside the tank...j/k

all kidding aside, I just spent the second best $12~ I ever have in this hobby.

I bought the EasyBlade which is just a typical razor scraper, but has an arm that you superglue to the back of your MagFloat (or similar) algae scraper. This thing tore through all the coraline algae I had built up in the corners and the algae the snails we're missing. Made that portion of my maint an absolute breeze. The only criticism I have is that the blades for it are not stainless and so have to be removed from the scraper and dried when you're done.

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merc...reen=PROD&Product_Code=EB-SA-G&Category_Code=

I said second best, because the best $12~ I've spent was on the mag float :)

Looks great Lori! I am particularily excited to see it when things are all set up and running. I love the placement.

Back
Top Bottom