The big move

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

possum

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok here is my deal. I have 300 pounds of sand in the 125 but i want to add the white/black sand from my 55 to it because i mixed a little of it with the brown play sand and it looks really good to me. The thing is if i do this will it reduce the time i need to cycle the tank? Cuz i dont want to have the fish in the 55 with no sand for to long, although i could leave some LR in there for them. I just think it would be easier if i could just move the sand and immediately put in the fish. Is this a bad idea? It will be 3 fish in a 125. A maroon clown, snowflake eel, and lawnmower blenny. If not what would be my best bet as far as moving the sand to the 125 without harming the fish in the 55?

with just the 3 fish you should be ok but to be safe i would add the sand let it cycle and leave the fish in the 55 just watch the water quality !! mabe use a hob filter while the other tank cycles ashame no one wrote to ya imo

Back
Top Bottom