The brown stuff has arrived and pics of my lonely fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

talloulou

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well it seems like it happened overnight but my crushed coral has a coating of brown stuff all over it. So far the tank still has just nemo & mr. crabs. Will mr. crabs eat these diatoms? Is it normal for the diatoms to just appear all over the substrate so quickly. I was expecting them since the tank is new but all the sudden it's brown everywhere!

Here are the inhabitants

Attachments

• mr.crabsresize_wizard-1.jpg
    mr.crabsresize_wizard-1.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 102
  • perculaclownresize_wizard-1.jpg
    perculaclownresize_wizard-1.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 57
Oh and in the picture it looks like nemo has a flourescent green stripe on his tail. He doens't have that in person, it's just a product of my magnificant photography skills. He refuses to hold still and this is the only picture that wasn't too blurry.

Well I did a water change and cleaned the front and side glass panes. Then I went to the store and bought two turbo snails this weekend. I can't believe how quickly they cleaned everything! Now my live rock is looking beautiful again vs colored in brown stuff. Yipee!! I also bought a blue starfish and a feather duster. I will post pics later.

Back
Top Bottom