The filling has started!?!?!? yikes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guitarded

Aquarium Advice Freak
well, i have been researching for about 2 and half months. admittantly, i have procratinated filling the tank cuz i wanted to keep researching (analysis paralysis). ok, so this morning, i cranked up the RO/DI unit to begin filling my 75 gal tank. i am doing this with 5 gal buckets. the first bucket just went in. at the rate the RO/DI unit is making water, this may take a couple days. that's okay tho cuz i need to plumb my sump. i am using an external sump pump with my wet/dry filter (sans bio balls).

if there are any suggestions anyone can give me during this phase, please feel free to chime in!

I would have set it all up first to make sure everything lines up and you have all the fittings, parts needed. Put a PH in the tank to keep the water moving while your filling it. Good luck.....

Haha....I took me a week to fill mine with r/o water.
Tough to be patient. :lol:
After you fill it, let it runs a couple of days to make sure you have no leaks before proceeding.
Have fun and welcome to the madness. :D

I did the bucket thing for the first 1/3 of my 120. After that I got the idea to get 25ft of tubing and run the RO/Di unit directly to the tank. Afterwhich I relaxed and let it run by itself.

I did the bucket thing for the first 1/3 of my 120. After that I got the idea to get 25ft of tubing and run the RO/Di unit directly to the tank. Afterwhich I relaxed and let it run by itself.
See, now somebody was thinking!! :idea: :mrgreen:

Well, I made up for that brilliant move by leaving my RO/DI unit on while I was at work. The result was about 9 hours - however long it took to fill up the bucket worth of water in my bathroom when I got home. I take some comfort in knowing this wont happen after I finish the basement sump.

tip: mix salt into the water before putting in the sand. you don't want RO water trapped under the sand.

Back
Top Bottom