The fish from Finding Nemo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kimberly

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I know that at least some of the fish were based on real fish, but were all of them? And if so, what were they and are they all okay to put in a sw aquarium? What size would be needed to appropriately house the fish in the dentist's office plus a Dory?

I am not planning on doing this, I am really just curious.

Kimberly

Nemo - Clown Fish (percula or ocellarus)
Gill - Moorish Idol (probably not a good idea to keep in aquaria)
Flo/Deb - Four Stripe Damsel
Bubbles - Yellow Tang
Bloat - Porcupine Puffer
Jacques - Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
Gurgle - Royal Gramma
Dory - Regal Tang (also known as blue tang or hippo tang)

I would say about a 250 gal tank would be required, but that is just a rought guestimate. I thought about the idea too, until I looked up what fish they were and what kind of requirements I would need. 55 gal is definitely out of the question. :oops:

I forgot about Peach, and I am not sure if she was a Red Sea Star or some sort of linckia star. I thought possibly even a biscuit star too. Stripes is right about Mt. Wannahakkalogie, that is a must. Good luck finding a Clown Fish with a "Lucky Fin" :wink:

You could use a Heniochus Butterflyfish instead of a Moorish Idol if you are serious about that kind of set up.

You would probably need a pretty big cage for the pelican. I'm not sure what kind of care that they require.

Don't forget the two tangs may have friendship issues - but, if you are going with a giant tank you may not have problems.

Also - Bloat will have Jacques for lunch.

P.S. On a side note a lfs is selling small Percula Clowns, but the label says "Nemo Fish" with a picture of Nemo from the movie - for $35 each or $60 a pair. OH, and they make sure to put them on the lower tanks so the kids can see them and beg their parents to buy them Nemo. Yyyyuck!

- Skins

Also - Bloat will have Jacques for lunch.

no offence to this qoute but in my studies and in my little experencebloat will no eat the clear shrimp cuz shrimp might be part of the food chain but he wil not eat something that hels him out had a puffer and a snowflake and its the coolest thing to watch 2 enemy,s get along so good when the cleaner walks all over him doing his job even going in their mouths to clean left over....

oh btw what about the dentists daughter hope thats not part of the deal too ahhhhhhhh poor fishy's :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nemo movie gave fish industry a big boost.

It is unfortunate that parents would get kids the fish and not take care of them properly. On the other hand the Nemo movie gave the fish & aquarium industry a huge shot in the arm. Many more people are interested in both fresh and salt tanks and are buying them. Hopefully they will be informed buyers, but buyers nonetheless.

My 2 cents.
coolchinchilla

One porcupine puffer I had would eat anything you put in the tank. Cleaner shrimp would not have lasted 5 minutes. Some puffers are more docile but some are not :)

I just saw that movie last month. I would say no to putting all of those fish in a tank would be a bad idea. The puffer can get up to thirty inches, and are aggressive especially to inverts. Even if you tried you'd need a huge tank ie several hundred gallons.

StripesTheEel said:
If you wanted a tank like the dentists office, u will need a mount wannahakkalogie

ROFL!

You need a specialty tank for the puffer, he's a messy eater and will eat anything he can fit in his mouth if he's hungry enough.

Back
Top Bottom