the most fish in tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jester

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 60g tank and i know it says 12" of fish is the limit but is there a way around that or is that just asking for trouble becuase i want more fish than that thanks

What fish do you have now and what do you wish to add?

Cheers
Steve

I only have 2 damsels and one fish i would like is a yellow tang and a powser blue tang and or a niger tang I still have to wait for my tank to cycle also i have my sterilizer pluged in the local fish store said i should unplug it until my cycle is complete should i unplug it or leave it the guys who set it up said to leave it on but the fish store said to unplug so now i dont know what to do thanks Jester

i ment triggers not tangs thanks i know i talk alot or type i mean I am very excited about all of this

jester said:
I only have 2 damsels and one fish i would like is a yellow tang and a powder blue tang and or a niger trigger
Unless the tank is 48" in length, I would hold off on the tangs. They do not do well in smaller tanks and really do need proper swimming/grazing room to do well. If so, I would still wait another 6 months before adding a tang as they do not do well in newly established tanks. You should also only consider one tang not two and of the two you've indicated, the yellow is much hardier as a rule. Basically you need to decide on one of the three. Bending the rules for stocking is one thing but more than one large growing fish for a 60 gal tank would not be a good idea. I would instead suggest a wrasse or dwarf angel instead. Just as colorful and interesting but smaller.

I still have to wait for my tank to cycle also i have my sterilizer pluged in the local fish store said i should unplug it until my cycle is complete should i unplug it or leave it the guys who set it up said to leave it on but the fish store said to unplug so now i dont know what to do
I do not think it matters one way or the other as far as the cycle is concerned as it cannot impede the bacterial process. If anything it may help reduce the nuisance algaes common to newly cycled tanks.

Cheers
Steve

THANK YOU THE TANK IS 50" IN LENGTH i WAS THINKING OF GETTIG A FLAME ANGEL MAYBEE I WILL GO THAT ROUTE

Back
Top Bottom