The powerhead chronicles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edmonton Eskimo

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am completely devastated. I came home from work today to discover my powerhead was eating my sebae anemone. I have had this anemone for a year and some now and it has grown from a baseball sized bleached white nothing to a beatiful tan colored monster that was about 12-13 inches across. I am very sad at this as is my maroon clown :cry:

Sorry to hear that. I had a similar experience but the anemone recovered fine. Maybe yours will recover. I've since put foam covers over my PH's.

Also, don't relay on suction cups to hold your PH's in place. They will fail. You can easily make brackets or even buy them now to hold your PH's in place when the suction cops fail.

just take a little bit of silicon and put it into the suction cups, and then press onto glass... the silicon will cure and stick it to the tank and it can be easily cut off.

You can buy thin acrylic at Home Depot. Cut it in strips and heat it with a lighter to bend it.

It will depend on what PH you use but there are many ways to do it. I use zip ties and plastic hooks that come in mini blinds. I save misc. stuff so I normally look through my junk parts to build stuff. My canopy sits on the bracket to hold it down and you don't see it on the outside of the tank.

I have made brackets for my floats on the top off system I use with thin acrylic. I can't remember who sells the brackets but it was someone on RC. Maybe do a google search. I know I saw them but it has been awhile.
HTH

Back
Top Bottom