The Saga Begins!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you going to hang the light? You will want too loose the glass top and the plastic legs you have I can see them melting over time..

I actually have legs for this light as my wife does NOT want to see any hanging of the light for right now.

Sounds like u already know what ur doing Wink Good luck!
It would seem that way ... as i have done research for a VERY long time.

Now for the murkiness of the tank to go away ... though i know what caused it this time and it is the glass lid ... it isn't allowing all the salt to mix properly ... just have to drop water levels and i should be good. Once i get the light legs, i am loosing the plastic legs and the glass tops.

EDITED PART:

So now i can actually see particles in the water. There is some salt residue and some salt on the bottom ... any suggestions on how to get this cleaned up? Would like to get it done before i get some live rock ... gonna have to put that on hold till i get this sorted ... or will LR help at all.

Thanks

Well, i got one Seio M1100 ... great pump!!!! Also, the wife "requested" that there be some sand ... so i syphoned off all the water and got rod of the excess salt. Then i cleaned and added the sand. I will be testing tomorrow to see how everything went!!

There are pictures from Day 3 and day 5!

I get LR tomorrow (40 pounds worth) so this will be cool!

Attachments

• tank_day_3_174.jpg
    tank_day_3_174.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 16
  • tank_day_5_214.jpg
    tank_day_5_214.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 15
R u planning on getting another pump? U should have at least 2 pumps in a tank

Yes. Either a Seio 820 or another 1100. Unsure as to which one yet. Hell, i haven't even figured out which configuration i want to leave them in yet. Seio pumps remind me of transformers. There is more then meets the eye!

Well, the Live Rock is in.

I was also given cured rock and some has some brown polyps on it and a fuzzy mushroom Coral started popping its head out once i found it a good spot. The guy didn't even realize that he had the coral.

So hopefully with some PWC's i can possibly keep it alive.

Other then that, i am battling a perverbial sand storm when the Seio 1100 is on. I am not complaining mind you, it is just me trying to figure out how to combat the flow that is in the tank. Have to find the right powerhead and LR configuration so that i don't blow sand all over the tank for the whole experience. I know ... its my own fault for using sugar sand. I just have to figure out what to do now.

Live and learn i guess!

Well, it is day 10 ... teh skimmer has arrived and is hooked up already ... there is a little thing about that ... but anyways ...

I have started to brown out. The LR, the sand bed everything except the glass is browning out BAD.

This is the best sign that i have had so far.

here are my stats (recorded today)

ammonia - 1ppm
nitrates - 7ppm
nitrites 0ppm
pH 8.35
KH - 11 on the scale used.

I am quite happy ... now to jsut get some extra fans to blow off the excessive hot air from the halides ... all photos are located here .... http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g4/SerLunchbox/

I am gonna keep that mushroom alive ... infact it has grown since i put it in my tank.

I can't believe it.

It has not only gotten larger but also extended its tentacles

SerLunchbox said:
So now i can actually see particles in the water. There is some salt residue and some salt on the bottom ... any suggestions on how to get this cleaned up?

By dissolving your salt in water before adding it to the tank, you knob. :lol:

By dissolving your salt in water before adding it to the tank, you knob. Laughing

Yeah i know now ...

gonna have to get an auto top off soon too ... minor fluctuations in the tank SG is cause for concern at the present time .. other then that all is healthy and growing ... infact i just discovered 3 purple mushrooms starting to grow ... they have neon green spots on them as well. didn't know i had them at all.

BOOM is the only way to describe it.

The tank quite literally exploded.
I am out of the hobby for some time. I am too discouraged to do anything right now.

The glass cracked all along the back wall and it looked like it was pushed apart by some force. It as an aweful mess and has just made me too annoyed, upset and discouraged. Maybe with some time i will get back into it, but for now, not really

YOU TANK JUST CRACKED!?!?!?! Do you know what caused it?

Back
Top Bottom