The Sand has settled...new saltwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

denarti

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I have the Biocube 29. I have the heater, the filters in and Caribbean Live sand which has now settled and my tank is clear with premixed saltwater it has been running for a couple of days now with the sand. i have a protein skimmer ready to go. I want to have live rock, corals and fish. So what are the suggested next steps? You can be as detailed as possible. Let me know if buying online rock is best and what type of live rock is best and places to go etc..? Same thing for corals and best starter fish or aquarium stock I should get.

Thanks

You can buy either live or macro/base rock easily online. The rock will become live over time as you cycle the system.
As for corals, it depends on your lighting. What specifically do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You can buy either live or macro/base rock easily online. The rock will become live over time as you cycle the system.
As for corals, it depends on your lighting. What specifically do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
I have the basic lighting that comes with the biocube 1 True Actinic 03 Blue Straight Pin Compact Fluorescent Lamp; 1X 36W 10,000K Daylight Straight Pin Compact Fluorescent Lamp; 1X .75 Watt Lunar Blue LED Bar.

Speaking from personal experience, stock lighting will grow almost anything. I grew anything I tried, though I never really pushed the limits. Any LPS or softy, monti caps, birdsnest and green slimer. Acans always died, as did 2 plates. Go figure. Search my previous posts and I'm sure there is a picture somewhere.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

FYI those LEDs are just for looks. They don't do anything for growth or color development only visual. Also be sure to check the age of your bulbs, they need to be replaced every eight or ten months

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom