thin plexiglass top?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

honeysuckle11

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey i have a 30 gallon tank with no hood and have a t5 coralife lamp on top. i was think of gettin a thin 1/16 or 1/4 inch thick piece of plexiglass and cut it to size just so i dont have a open top and stop the salt marks from around my tank top. this a good idea?

I prefer having open tops for a healthier tank. You can go the plexiglass route if you want to go for a closed top. If you're growing corals you're going to need to clean the plexiglass to keep from salt accumulating and reducing light penetration into your tank.

So a open tank ur saying is better then, how can I stop the salt the builds up around the tank then?

Salt creep is something most of us just have to deal with. It's nothing excessive and i only rarely have to remove it and put it back in the tank.

Where is your salt creep accumulating?

That what u do with it. See I have a hang on fliter that put some salt on the light and around the top edges so I figure the glass would stop that.

I'm new to salt water so I have a 30 gallon tankbwith a 50 gallon hang on fliter a 30 gallon protein skimmer a coralife t five 2 bulb lamp a 500 gph power head and a heater and all

Back
Top Bottom