Thing I m gonna add! (suggestions plzz)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

match55

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Its me again hehe
I want to ask you guys if the inverts/corals/fishes I m planning to put/get will be too much or not safe for other life in my tank.

here's wt I m gonna add
more cleaning clews:
10 blue leg hermit (5 in sump)
8 peppemint shrimp (4 in sump)
4 hawaiian feather duster
23 nerite snails (probably 10 in sump)
50 nassarius snails (free OoO) probably all in main tank since they eat uneatten food at the bottom.

Coral:
probably only gonna add green star polyps or yellow for now.

fishes:
forgot the name, but its one of those which like to have a mouth full of sand LOL~(goby?jaw fish?)
I really want a Porcupine puffer, I know it can be dangerous to invent. is there anyway i can keep it? I saw a really small one in my LPS like 1.5inches OoO so cute.

some info of my tank
46gal main tank, 20gal sump, with a big refugium.
still setting up the sump.
paraM in the main tank r great (fighting with nitrate now: 10~15ppm)

I won't be adding the whole list at once,
I will add them probably by the end of september or beginning of october.
gonna get my sump ready and get a RO unit first.

Let me know if that will be too much for my tank, and oh, if a puffer or two will be ok in the tank. (green spotted 1inch.)

really thanks for the time u take to read my post.
^^

Before you get any fish you should reasearch to make sure you can care for it properly with food, paras and companions. If gobby = goby/gobies go for some of them. If you get a Watchman Goby and a Pistol Shrimp they may form a pair. Really cool. :D Now puffers. I don't know a lot but a quick Google will give you some results. :D BTW that sounds like a lot of inverts IMO.

Before you get any fish you should reasearch to make sure you can care for it properly with food, paras and companions. If gobby = goby/gobies go for some of them. If you get a Watchman Goby and a Pistol Shrimp they may form a pair. Really cool. :D Now puffers. I don't know a lot but a quick Google will give you some results. :D BTW that sounds like a lot of inverts IMO.

probably won't add the porcupine since it needs at least 75~120 gal for one. OoO

and for the invert, I follow some online store cleaning clews, and I know thats are a lot of snails, but they suggest nassarius snails 1/gal, and their 40gal cleaning pakage has more inverts than mine LOL.

I will take your suggestion and get that goby and pistol pair ^^

Yeah, but you dont always have to follow what those fish sites say.. IMO, pre-made cleaning crews are kindof stupid. You should go along and get more snails/shrimp to clean your tank as you need them.

Yeah, but you dont always have to follow what those fish sites say.. IMO, pre-made cleaning crews are kindof stupid. You should go along and get more snails/shrimp to clean your tank as you need them.

Yes sir, I will keep that in mind.
my tank don't have snails n shrimp now, so I will probably get some.
but not like 73 LOL.
is pep shrimps do better n group? since I have that 1inch puffer, I don't want the shrimp to be alone in the tank OxO.

Yeah, its always good to get them as you go, because you want them to be able to eat the food that naturally grows in your tank, algae.. detritus etc.. and if theres not enough to go around.. then you need to feed them. :p

But yeah, i hear that peppermint shrimps do good in groups. You dont need to have them in groups, but it can work like that.

As evryone said though, make sure you can accomodate all the needs of the fish that you want to put in. I would cut down a little bit on the inverts, just a smidge, lol IMO. Also, just to add to something - I dont know where you keep your tank (cool or hot area of the house) but speaking from experience in what I am going through now, make sure that you keep the tank at 78-80F because inverts will have trouble if the tank gets too hot (and so will fish).

Yeah i agree with the temperature thing, but straying a little warmer then 80F, wont really put too much stress on the fish, if any at all. I know some people who keep their tanks at a stat 82F and their fish/inverts all do perfectly fine. Just dont let it get too cold, or too hot. In my opinion, id say you have some leniency anywhere from 78F-82F. If my tank ever got higher than 82, thats when i would put on my fan lol.

You might want to check the diet of the puffer fish before deciding what invertebrates you are planning to add.

puffers eat invertebrates...getting shrimp will ultimately make your puffer happy, but prob. won't do much as far as cleaning up

my 1 inch green spotted is a good boy, he never touch my invert since they r way too big for him haha, but my old big porcupine ate all my cleaner shrimps, which I returned last year.

so there is like no way I can have a reef tank with porcupine puffer, right?
(only if I have like a 200 gal tank LOL)

my tank temp stays around 79~82
I will cool it down a little bit.
my tank has a lot of diatoms LOL, need to get some snails.

thanks for all the suggestions guys ^^

Back
Top Bottom