Thinking about a saltwater tank...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, WC tonight it is. :)

My neon goby is looking slightly beat up... My firefish keeps chasing him and trying to nip at him. :( I thought these fish were supposed to be shy! I'm just hoping and hoping he does not pick up any disease. Doing a 30-40% PWC tonight to make sure all levels in the tank are good. If he does not appear to be unhealthy, I am going to get a clown goby (assuming my LFS has them in stock...) to ease the aggression from my firefish off of him so he's not the only target.

Bearchumjs said:
Make sure you see the clown goby eat before you buy him. That way you know he's fat and happy!

Also, are you going to QT the clown goby? If the neon goby is stressed and the clown goby has something the neon goby will probably be very susceptible.

No, I have no means of QTing him. I'm really not sure what to do! I want to get in another fish in there ASAP to stop the aggression of the firefish from being solely on him... but I don't want any disease either. What do I do?

I tried the rock thing, it didn't help. The aggression has always been there. He has a little hidey hole that is his and he is in there a lot, but I know he wants to do more swimming, but most of the time when he tries, the firefish will go after him. So he has plenty of places to hide.

Just finished my PWC. Did a little over 25%. I'm so used to doing 50% PWCs on my FW tanks that I wasn't satisfied with only 10% tonight lol.

It's super easy when it's on such a small tank!

I'm thinking my best plan should be to get the new fish ASAP... because I feel like I'm increasing my chances of disease breaking out each day the firefish continues to pick on my poor neon goby. So I'll have to take my chances...

okapizebra said:
It's super easy when it's on such a small tank!

I'm thinking my best plan should be to get the new fish ASAP... because I feel like I'm increasing my chances of disease breaking out each day the firefish continues to pick on my poor neon goby. So I'll have to take my chances...

Just be very observant of the other fish in the tank that are with the clown goby you want to buy. Make sure they all look healthy.

Went to my LFS. Turns out they didn't have any. They should get them in within two weeks though. I did pick up some frozen mysis shrimp, so the fish will get a treat tonight!

okapizebra said:
Went to my LFS. Turns out they didn't have any. They should get them in within two weeks though. I did pick up some frozen mysis shrimp, so the fish will get a treat tonight!

I'm sorry they didn't have any. Your fish will love the mysis!

My fish went crazy for them! It was so funny to see the nassarius snails make an appearance! Haven't seen them in so long lol.

On tracking it says my light is out for delivery so expecting it soon! :)

This morning I looked into the tank at around 6:15 to see what goes on in there... (which I usually do every morning) but today I noticed something strange. My hermit crabs were feasting on a dead turbo snail! I doubt they killed it, his shell is much too big for the little hermits, so I guess the poor snails are slowly starving. They are always just sitting on the glass... I don't know if they're getting anything to eat. I knew they were a bad idea from the beginning, but I definitely will not be getting anymore of them until I actually get something for them to clean up.
It's weird because I just got home (it's about 2:25) and the snail body is completely gone... those hermits are such pigs!

Some snails, like turbos can not get back up if they land on their backs. Then the predators can get to them. Maybe what happened.

Oooh, didn't know that! He was laying on his back, so that could definitely be it! Poor guy...

Back
Top Bottom