Thinking about a saltwater tank...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know nothing about wrasses. I doubt there's one suitable for a 10 gal though. :/

Would a banggai cardinalfish be inappropriate for my tank?

I don't remember what you have in your tank so far...

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1500+2672&pcatid=2672

I would say that if it were going to be your only fish then it'd be ok. But- I don't have experience with this fish, so it's best to get another opinion or two first.

If you want more activity in your tank than one fish I highly recommend that you check out the nano fish in live aquaria for some other ideas.

Oh, even though liveaquaria reccommends 30 gals? Mine is only 10 gals. Okay, I will pass on this fish. I already have a firefish and a neon goby. I was just seeing if something more... Swimmy could fit in my tank. Since the neon goby is usually sitting I was interested in adding something else that used the water column more.

Could possibly either of these work? Obviously my intentions are not to overstock this tank. I already do 20% WCs weekly. Would the bioload be the only concern with too many fish?

Yellowstriped Cardinalfish

Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Longspine Cardinalfish

I'm not sure if they will swim around a lot. The description says they like to hide in sea grass. I would do more research on those 2. Find people on forums or YouTube that own them and see if they swim a lot or mostly hide.

How are your nitrate levels each week before your pwc?

I did watch some videos on youtube, and they seemed okay. I have no idea if I'd be able to get them anywhere near me though. I need to go see what kind of nano fish my LFS has.

I haven't tested my nitrates lately and I just did a PWC... I'll test again at the end of this week to see what they are at.

I did watch some videos on youtube, and they seemed okay. I have no idea if I'd be able to get them anywhere near me though. I need to go see what kind of nano fish my LFS has.

I haven't tested my nitrates lately and I just did a PWC... I'll test again at the end of this week to see what they are at.

Sounds good to me. Ask your LFS if they can order some. Some stores will and others won't. Maybe you'll get lucky!

Well, I decided to just stick with my original plan and go for a yellow clown goby. Got him today. :) He stays nice and small and at a price tag of 10 bucks you can't beat it! He looks healthy and is already happily swimming around. Cute little guy.

You're right, definitely not shy! Love him. He's adorable. He's doing well, and eating too!

Okay, time for some picture updates. :)

ForumRunner_20130116_153553.jpg

ForumRunner_20130116_153553.jpg

ForumRunner_20130116_153631.jpg

ForumRunner_20130116_153650.jpg

ForumRunner_20130116_153703.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130116_153614.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130116_153614.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 66
Well, don't know why that first pic posted twice and the last pic is different than the others...

There's all 3 fish. :) All healthy and doing well. Turbo snail decided he was gonna photobomb the pic of the firefish, though. LOL.

I'm worried about the xenia, though. It doesn't look too well. It looked great the first day I got it, and by the second day it has shrunk and bleached a bit. I guess shock of lighting? I'm hoping it turns around. I got a close up of it but it seems the firefish and clown goby decided they wanted to be in the pic as well lol.

Haven't looked at your thread for some time, but everything looks great. Very good stocking choices. (y)

Back
Top Bottom