Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-15-2012, 10:24 AM   #331
Aquarium Advice Addict

Just thought I'd give you all an update if you were interested.

My order from reefcleaners was fantastic. I'd highly recommend them to anyone. It may also help that I only live about 20 mins from them. They sent me a ton of extra snails to cover any DOAs and well... I've had no deaths at all. Excellent quality snails. And they are doing a great job of cleaning up all the algae.

Unfortunately, my order with reefs2go was the exact opposite. My yellow clown goby died, as well as my cleaner shrimp and the free zoa frag I got... honestly I have no idea why. I am blaming it on the fact that shipping may have been too stressful on them.

My firefish and neon goby are continuing to do great! They are healthy and happy and very active. My hermits and all snails are doing great as well. The reason I blame shipping for the deaths of my order from reefs2go is because the only things that have died are the things from them. Everything else is very healthy.

I have been doing around 20-25% PWCs weekly. The corals were doing great, one especially, until I started noticing that one has not had its polyps open for several days now... and noticed there are nudibranchs all over it... pretty disappointed because I really liked it! Is there any way of getting them off of it? They are so tiny, but they are definitely there... How am I supposed to buy something that comes with its pest already on them?? If I can't get them off I'm not sure what I'm going to do... how can I just let it sit there and be eaten?

Would xenia be appropriate for my set up? I think they are so cool... and if I were to get one, those nudibranchs wouldn't eat that right?? I thought they were specific to zoanthids... but I want to double check.

I am off tomorrow for vacation for a week so I'm getting in my PWC tonight and I'll do the next one when I return. If I were to make water tonight, would it be fine for a week in the bucket with the heater and the pump? It won't go bad, will it? This way I have water ready for me when I get home. I made little bags of food labeled with the days on it for my mom to feed them.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:36 AM   #332
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I take it that you don't do a coral dip when adding new o.es to your tank.

Old 12-15-2012, 11:43 AM   #333
Aquarium Advice Addict

I dipped them in distilled water before placing in the tank.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:58 AM   #334
Aquarium Advice FINatic

No coral dip
Old 12-15-2012, 12:54 PM   #335
Aquarium Advice Addict

I don't know what that is. I didn't know you were supposed to dip them? I'm still very new at SW...
Old 12-24-2012, 10:49 AM   #336
Aquarium Advice Addict

Okay well I come home to bad news that my light has blown out... Man, apparently so far corals are not for me! So they are being eaten by nudibranchs, and now they have no light. And since it is almost Christmas I will not have a new light for at least a week. Any ideas on what to do?
Old 12-30-2012, 07:04 PM   #337
Aquarium Advice Addict

I ordered a new light (made a thread if anyone saw it) and it should be here by Wednesday. My zoas have been two weeks without light... any chance they'll spring back? And ideas on how to get rid of the nudis?
Old 12-30-2012, 08:50 PM   #338
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by okapizebra View Post
I ordered a new light (made a thread if anyone saw it) and it should be here by Wednesday. My zoas have been two weeks without light... any chance they'll spring back? And ideas on how to get rid of the nudis?
The zoas might come back. They're pretty hardy. If you can grab the nudis with tweezers or something, do that. If not, you could buy some coral dip that'll kill nudis and dip them.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:59 PM   #339
Aquarium Advice Addict

By now I've seen a bunch crawling around the tank. Do you think if I keep doing dips they'll eventually go away?
Old 12-30-2012, 11:19 PM   #340
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by okapizebra View Post
By now I've seen a bunch crawling around the tank. Do you think if I keep doing dips they'll eventually go away?
I plucked zoa eating nudis for hours one night ugh i wonder if a wrass would eat em?

Tags
salt, saltwater, saltwater tank, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com