Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-12-2013, 03:52 PM   #411
Aquarium Advice Addict

So the smallest species it seems is the ocellaris clown. But that's a fish that gets 3.5 inches. Half the sites say no way need bigger, and the other half say that they had a pair in tanks smaller than a 10g and they were perfectly happy. Seems so controversial, and I don't think a clown will be a good choice for me until I can really provide a proper home I know for sure will make my fish happy.

Now here comes my next question! I was looking at the nano section and was looking for a new goby instead. Do you happen to know anything about this guy? Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Reef Aquariums: Greenbanded Goby
Looks darn cute! I'm going to start doing some research on him.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:28 AM   #412
Aquarium Advice Addict

So today is this tank's last day. Sadly I decided that this tank will be too much work for me in college and too difficult to lug 2.5 hours back and fourth every semester, so it's just getting turned into a simple FW planted tank.

The tank has been doing so well lately, tons of pretty purple coraline algae growing all over. I haven't added anything new. Still just firefish, neon goby, cleaner shrimp, hermits and snails, xenia and zoanthids. This tank has been tons of fun and I really love it, and devastated I will be taking it down.

Thank you to all who helped me create this tank and get me started in SW tanks!! I am leaving at the end of June for college and downgrading from 5 tanks, totaling 100 gallons, to just one 10 gallon tank is extremely hard and sad.

I'll post a pic of the tank how it is now once the lights are on.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:06 AM   #413
Aquarium Advice Addict

Here it is.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130528_090552.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	176609

Tags
salt, saltwater, saltwater tank, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com