Thinking about a saltwater tank...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm so glad your clown goby is doing so well! Everything looks good to me. As for the Xenia, it could be shock from the lighting. I can't really offer an advice to you about it. I don't know if you should leave it or move it... Hopefully someone else chimes in.

Thanks! It was added the same time as the clown goby, and still is living but not doing well. Hoping it comes around... Time will tell I guess.

Well one of my zoas is opening up its polyps again and is looking good!

And my cleaner shrimp cus he's so darn cute! Lol. He loves to pose for pics...

ForumRunner_20130120_172133.jpg

ForumRunner_20130120_172151.jpg

About to do a WC so I went and tested the water.
Nitates: 0
Nitrites: 0
Ammo: 0
pH: 8.0

Everything's lookin good! And this is before my WC!! lol.

My zoa polyps are doing great, but my xenia, not so much and I still am unsure why. :/

About to do a WC so I went and tested the water.
Nitates: 0
Nitrites: 0
Ammo: 0
pH: 8.0

Everything's lookin good! And this is before my WC!! lol.

My zoa polyps are doing great, but my xenia, not so much and I still am unsure why. :/

Good to hear that your water is looking good! I don't know what is up with the Xenia. Maybe it needs to be moved for lighting and flow? My candy cane/trumpet coral looks like it's knocking on deaths door right now. Not knowing how to make it better is driving me nuts.

Well I've had the xenia about 2 and a half weeks now and it's been in the same spot. And it really hasn't been changing at all. Do you think I should try placing it around the tank to see if it likes those spots better? I don't know what to do, I can understand your pain! lol. I'm afraid I just started it too close to the light and shocked it... Do you think it just needs time to recover for that?

Well I've had the xenia about 2 and a half weeks now and it's been in the same spot. And it really hasn't been changing at all. Do you think I should try placing it around the tank to see if it likes those spots better? I don't know what to do, I can understand your pain! lol. I'm afraid I just started it too close to the light and shocked it... Do you think it just needs time to recover for that?

I'd move it to a new spot. Leave it for a week and see how it does.

Okay, i'll try. Do you think it would appreciate more flow?

I don't know. I'd try to place it in a spot where it would wave gently. My best advice would be to look it up and see what people have success with. One thing is certain- I don't think it likes it's current placement.

Overall i've read it's pretty hardy. I moved it further down and closer to some more flow. I hope it will do better!

Very nice! I love your zoas and the clown goby the best! I'm so happy he's doing good for you! I had 3 of them die within a week of purchase, so I am incredibly happy that yours is doing so well! Can I see a picture of the Xenia?

Thank you! I love my clown goby, he's adorable! I'm so glad the zoas are doing so well, especially after being eaten by nudibranchs and going without light for two weeks... they sure are hardy! I believe I've pulled out all the nudi's. :) I'll get you a pic of the xenia in a min!

Back
Top Bottom