Thinking about getting a reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishieKeeper429

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have been thinking about getting a reef for some time and I am wondering, how much would it cost? What would I need? How big would it have to be? Any and all advice and concerns are welcome! Thanks!

I'll try to apply the KISS effect, as that is how I run my reef. Bigger is better, so as large as you can go. Depending on what you want to keep will define the lighting and water quality you will want to shoot for. I'd recommend checking out the taotronic LEDs so you can keep anything you'd want in terms of photosynthetic.

I'll try to apply the KISS effect, as that is how I run my reef. Bigger is better, so as large as you can go. Depending on what you want to keep will define the lighting and water quality you will want to shoot for. I'd recommend checking out the taotronic LEDs so you can keep anything you'd want in terms of photosynthetic.

I was thinking 30g tank.

Sounds good, once you get bit by your first coral you'll want bigger. I was a 36 into a 55 and want to go over 100. One taotronic LED over a 30. Now, figure out what kind of coral you want to keep.

Sounds good, once you get bit by your first coral you'll want bigger. I was a 36 into a 55 and want to go over 100. One taotronic LED over a 30. Now, figure out what kind of coral you want to keep.

I'm not sure what kinds are out there.

Back
Top Bottom