Thinking about starting a reef tank again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the info. I will hopefully be ordering some easier to keep corals sometime soon. Want to order a few frags so I can get the most out of the delivery charge. Ordering 1-2 frags is pointless. I would be paying double for a drag after delivery is added

Agreed. Duncan’s are also fantastic beginner corals as far as lps go. Same with calustrea trumpet corals.

Duncan and montipora are what I always suggest for starters, especially when someone isn't at ease with ordering online. Both of these are as hardy as they come. I've had both recover from things nothing else in my systems have.
That and every tank has either a duncan or an orange monti in it.

Duncan and montipora are what I always suggest for starters, especially when someone isn't at ease with ordering online. Both of these are as hardy as they come. I've had both recover from things nothing else in my systems have.
That and every tank has either a duncan or an orange monti in it.

Yeah I was looking at the Duncan’s as well. I’ll have to hold off on ordering right now since there has been a red alert warning due to snow here. Can’t see any deliveries making it in decent time.

I ended up putting my Fish into my display. I can’t make any ro water due to my outside tap being frozen. I’ll hopefully have enough for top up until the weather gets better but I couldn’t get enough to keep up with water changes. They both seem to be doing fine. The goby has been hard at it and my sand is now spotless!

I didn’t think the video worked. I can’t view it.

Thanks. Slowly getting there but still facing this algae issue. I emailed a pic to reefcleaners.com and he doesn’t think it is dinos either so that a plus. Just need to keep up with water changes. Hopefully my tap is unfrozen after work so I can start making ro water again [emoji120]

Yeah hopefully.

Fish seem happy. The gramma is coming out of his shell and jumping from cave to cave. Must be lookin for the best view. Both are eating although I haven’t seen the gramma eating the masstick yet. I think when they were in the qt he waited until Neil (diamond goby) was eating from the lump and catching any parts that came loose from it. I’ve tried sticking it to rock beside his usual hiding holes but haven’t seen him go for it yet.

Hopefully it will be a pair of clowns next but only a pair that has been in a tank together. Don’t want a repeat of last time

Back
Top Bottom