Thinking about starting a saltwater 30g?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I change out the carbon and di resin every 2-3 months and my membrane yearly but I'm making around 50-60 gallons a week. It also depends on how dirty the original water is. Brs sells color changing di resin which makes it easy to know when it's time to change

Is that the color changing one? & I will only be making 5 gal / week lol big difference so it will take me much longer to get through it unless my water is super dirty. Do you ever change the sediment thing or is that the membrane

i was looking on brs and i think i should get the 6 becuase it tells you when your filters need to be replaced which would be so useful. Its just alot of money like $290 is it worth it?

If you have an inline Tds it tells you when the filters need replaced and the di resin changes color when it needs replacing. Mine has both and it's only 4 stage.

Maybe you should try Google and also do some independent research before undertaking something with such a huge learning curve.

Edit: reread my post and it didn't convey my message well. What I mean is by all means give this a try, but go through some of the online material before proceeding.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

so that one tells you when each of the filters needs to be replaced? cause ive researched and it only measures TMS going into and out of machine. & thanks TMRC i have been researching my eyes out and learning so much this past week. THis forum is also helping me in learning about techniques and stuff.

Thanks i probably wont start up the tank till June. until then im using this forum to learn everything i can about everything ill need!

Back
Top Bottom