Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-28-2012, 06:00 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Freak

I am trying to decide on stocking and I'm lolling at tge flame angel, lemon peel angel and coral beauty angel. Would they get along?

Old 09-28-2012, 07:09 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

You can only get one dwarf angel, or else they will probably rip each other apart . There shouldn't be more than one. Personally I love the flame angel the best for the most popping colors and I'm sure it will be a favorite of anyone who walks in to see it!

- Winston Churchill
obscurereef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:15 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Freak

I had a feeling that would be the case. Does anyone have experience with any of the 3? I think all 3 are beautiful in different ways.

Lindsay
Old 09-28-2012, 07:20 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Freak

Also will different color gobies get along?
Old 09-28-2012, 07:53 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

What kind of gobies were you thinking about getting? And yes they probably would get along.

- Winston Churchill
Old 09-28-2012, 08:01 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Freak

So far just green and orange spotted ones. I like the Catalina a lot but it requires a lower temp. Any other suggestions would be great as I am just starting to learn about marine fish.

Lindsay
Old 09-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well it depends on what other fish you want to keep...the only green goby I am thinking of is a clown goby and those are EXTREMELY small. I saw one at my lfs and it was half the size of my fingernail!!! Since they only grow up to a 1.5 inches, they could be someone's lunch ! Probably best for nano tanks so you can actually find them! Yeah I wanted to get a catalina goby too, but thats just another fish I can't get . There's really no need to get 2 sand sifting gobies as one will clean up the sand just fine! The orange spotted one you are referring to is I think called a diamond watchman goby. That would be awesome to have a pair with the watchman and a shrimp! I think all of the gobies look great so I couldn't really decide what to advise you to get as they are all pretty cool. I love the blue neon gobies, but they are small and might be picked on depending on your other fish.
Gobies

- Winston Churchill
Old 09-28-2012, 08:21 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Freak

So I'll go with the orange spotted, I called it that BC that's what it was called at the lfs. I am really new to this as this is my 1st saltwater tank. Other fish I am thinking of is 1 dwarf angel( undecided), 1 purple firefish, 1 clownfish( my daughter would kill me if I didn't get nemo, carpenter flasher wrasse, and maybe a kole tang. How do you pair gobies? Would you have to buy them already paired? I know with fresh water you buy more and let them pair off, is that the same? Was thinking of a pair of clowns too, so same question for them. Any other fishes I should look at? I love hearing what peoples favorite fish are.

Lindsay
Old 09-28-2012, 08:32 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

Purple firefish are GORGEOUS! I'm planning on getting one in a few weeks, but I heard they are shy (a dartfish, so they can swim really fast to hide) so I'll be crossing my fingers that it will come out and eat regularly! The carpenter flasher wrasse is stunning also. I think buying them paired would be best...don't know how aggressive they can be if they are the same species and not paired. You can buy 2 clownfish, but since they are the same size (born without gender) they fight it out until one of the clownfish becomes the female(larger) and the other the male. As a pair, I believe they are more aggressive than just one alone, but pairs look great together. In my preference, I'd get them already paired instead of maybe having one killed (the female can hog up all the food and nip at the male I believe?). At my lfs it's only $10 more for clownfish that are already paired. I only got one though, and my clownfish and chromis are best friends!

- Winston Churchill
Old 09-29-2012, 06:00 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Freak

I was just reading how sand sifters can actually eat all the; good stuff in the sand. Should I just avoid getting the goby? The carpenter wrasse, do I need to find a pair at a lfs, or is it like the clown? Thanks.

Lindsay

Tags
changing, reef, setup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com